Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Overcame by an Overcomer

In life we have all faced circumstances that we have no idea how we got into. We grew up in a broken home or grew up in an abusive home. Many of us have faced situations and thought to yourself what did I do to deserve this. I was that person. From the time I was about ten to thirteen years old I lived in a home that was out of order. I lived with my father and step mom. My step mom and dad would fight all the time. It wasn't just a normal argument, it was a fight. They would scream and holler, and cuss each other out. I can remember times my dad would come running in my room and slam the door behind him at 2 and 3 in the morning, and you could hear my step mom running down the hallways cussing and screaming. She would try to bang the door down. That would go on for an hour sometimes. I often wondered what I was going through this for. Why did I deserve this. I can remember my step mom telling me how stupid I was because I didn't make A's and B's. She would tell me that I would never amount to anything. I began to believe that. I began to let my circumstances effect me.

I can remember the day that I began to stop letting my problems effect me. Years ago God birthed a dream inside of Pastor Denny Duron. He opened up a school called Evangel Christian Academy and I can remember almost immediately my life began to change. I began to learn more and more about a man named Jesus. How he paid a price for my life, and how much he loved me. I was taught that because he paid that price I could overcome any circumstance that I would ever face. In John 16:33, Jesus says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Jesus took it all for you and I so that we could live in peace.

No matter the circumstance, we can overcome anything that we face as long as we will give it to the Lord!

1 John 5:4 "For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

1 comment:

  1. That was a great testimony! So many people let their problems become their identity, and I hope that more people will learn that they can overcome.

    ReplyDelete