Friday, February 27, 2009

Finish the Race

So many people start something and never finish. Why is that? Is it because they face struggles? Or is it because it turns out to be something that they thought would be something else.

Speaking for myself, I know I get tired of the things I have going on in my life, but I understand the importance of what I do. For example, college isn't so easy, but the reward for finishing is great. Living a Godly life isn't always the easiest or most popular thing to do, but there is a reward in the end. The list goes on and on. Life is full of things that we have to do and sometimes those things aren't always things we want to do.

In the book of Acts, chapter 20 verse 22-24 Paul writes, "And now, compelled by the spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Paul could have said, you know what, I want to quit my ministry, find my wife, and live the rest of my life without a chance that he would be killed. But he didn't, he knew the importance of finishing the race.

If we don't finish the race we may just erase someones destiny. The end of your assignment could be the beginning of the next persons assignment.

I challenge you to run the race and not give up. Look at the things you have to do in life that don't look good now and look at the blessing that is on the other side. I leave you with a scripture to encourage you through the trials of life.

James 1:2-5 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

2 comments:

  1. This example is not very deep , but I agree it is important to finish things that you start. For example, about 6 months ago, my boyfriend and I started painting our apartment and never finished. It looked crazy , but we were the only one's who saw it so who cared. Now I have family coming into town tomorrow. Guess what? We (and by that I mean he) are rushing to get the place painted in time for our company. It would have been so much better if we would have finished way back when we started. Laziness just leads to more work in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts. I appreciate young people like yourself seeking things in life with God's guidance. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete