Saturday, March 21, 2009

Life

Last night I found out that a friend of mine killed himself. When I herd this I was shocked. There was a sick feeling that came over me instantly. I would have never expected it from this person. He was one of my best friends brothers growing up. Last night as I set thinking about it all the memories came flooding through my mind. I can remember my family and there family would eat at Taco Bell a couple times a week after football practice when we were little. I can remember we used to go water skiing during the summer almost every weekend. I would spend the night at there house almost all the time. We were close.

We are never guaranteed another breath. We should thank God everyday that we are able to role out of bed in the mornings. Life is a gift and we should take it serious. Never take it lightly. I have chosen to make my life, and my eternity secure in heaven. I have chosen to give my life to Jesus Christ, that's the only guarantee we have that we will spend eternity in heaven. How do we know if we will go to heaven or hell?

The bible tells us in Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." That means that nobody is perfect and nobody but Jesus has ever been perfect but Jesus. Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." This means that if you are living in sin then you will go to hell. But if you give your life to Jesus Christ you will spend eternity with him. Ephesians 2:8,9 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast." Being able to ask Jesus into our life is a gift that God has givin us. Finally, 1 John 5:13 says, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." We will spend eternity with our creator if we choose to make a decision to live for him. We must turn from our old ways and look to Jesus. We should not conform to the ways of the world. But we should be set apart.

Examine your heart. You can make this decision by saying a simple prayer: Lord Jesus I know that I am a sinner. I know that you died on the cross for me. Please come into my heart and make me clean. Forgive my sin so that I may know you. Amen!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I know you are a strong person. I read your blogs every week. I know that you are hurting too because you were so close. My prayers are with you and this young man's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my little brother committed suicide last year it was so hard to deal with. The hardest part for me is not knowing where he was going. I have always been told if you kill yourself you will not go to heaven. To this day I do not believe that! I know that my little brother is in a better place. A place where he no longer hurts the way he did here. I believe your friend is in a better place too! I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for all the losses here.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete